Ambassade et Consulats de Belgique en Allemagne
Home Venir en Belgique Visa for Belgium

Visa for Belgium


If you require a visa to go to Belgium, you will find information on this page. 
Visa applications are only handled by the Belgian Embassy in Berlin for non-EU citizens who hold legal residence in Germany.

You are invited to send your application per registered post to the following address:

Belgian Embassy in Berlin
Visa section
Jägerstraße 52-53
10117 Berlin

If you cannot find the information on our website, you can contact the visa section via e-mail:

What type of visa (short stay - long stay?)

Short stay visa (visa type C) authorizes you to stay on Schengen territory for a term not longer than 3 months during a period of 6 months starting from your first entry on the territory.

Long stay visa (visa type D) authorizes you to stay in Belgium for a period longer than 90 days (students, researchers, employees, family reunification, …).

Please proceed to the menu below for the relevant information on your visa application. For most updated information you can visit the website of the Immigration Office in Belgium, at the moment only available in Dutch or French. To do so click here.